so. a platformer! it's a bit more adventure than platformer, but it's a platformer all the same.
inspired by many games such as treize, hollow knight, celeste, the other uncompleted metroidvania, night in the woods, and a gmtk theme, this is estimated to be released hopefully by the end of 2022. it's not supposed to be That long of a project,,,
first small demo! • 19.7.2021
a month into development. we have some small things :)
download here for mac and windows
- controls: pretty much the same as hollow knight, aka left/right to move, z to jump, up arrow to pick up, escape to quit (should be all explained in the game hopefully it's clear)
- tab to open notebook, and then up/down left/right to navigate. there are currently only two pages and the bottom tab is blank
- move around and pick up berries (yea that's what the small red things are)
- two rooms and water
- the piece of paper you pick up adds to the notebook
things that don't work yet:
- options screen
- the third room is empty, and there's only two completed rooms
- currently no way to spend/use the berries
look out for:
- ease of control? do they feel good
- soon i'll add like when you pick up something it tells you what it is i guess
- any glitches/bugs?
- what do you find cool and like? what's annoying/terrible?
drop me a message on discord at bucketfish#3961 and tell me everything 👍. thank you!